Here is a super simple and delicious turkey meatloaf.
I made a few changes so I could use what was in our fridge. Â I used swiss chard and curly parsley (from my mother-in-law’s garden) instead of spinach and flat-leaf parsley. Â I also used seasoned breadcrumbs — didn’t have whole wheat breadcrumbs. Â I think the addition of dijon mustard added a great flavor to the meatloaf.
- 1 1/2Â poundsÂ lean ground turkey
- 1Â onion, chopped
- 1Â bunch spinach, thick stems removed and leaves chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1Â cupÂ fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2Â cupÂ whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 2Â tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1Â large egg white
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4Â cupÂ ketchup
Heat oven to 400Â°Â F. In a bowl, combine the turkey, onion, spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, mustard, egg white, and Â½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and form it into a 10-inch loaf. Spread with the ketchup. Bake until cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes.