Slow Cooker Recipes: Black Bean Soup with Shredded Pork
If you love black bean soup, you’ll enjoy this slow cooker recipe!Â How amazing are slow cookers!Â I love throwing the ingredients in the cooker and then coming home 10 hours later with dinner prepared.Â This recipe was especially appealing because, as you know, I love any recipe that gets some heat and smokiness from chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.Â Enjoy!
Black Bean Soup with Shredded Pork
- 1Â poundÂ dried black beans, rinsed and picked over
- 2Â bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 2Â slices bacon, chopped
- 1Â onion, finely chopped
- 2Â cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1Â tablespoonÂ chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo plus 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1Â teaspoonÂ ground cumin
- 1 1/2Â teaspoonsÂ salt
Combine 6 cups water, beans, pork chops, bacon, onion, garlic, chilies, adobo, cumin and salt in slow cooker. Cook on low until beans are tender and pork chops are falling apart, 4 to 6 hours.
Remove and discard bacon. Cut pork away from bones. Discard bones and shred meat. Add meat back to slow cooker with beans. Season with additional salt and serve.