Meatless Monday: Tomato & Mozzarella Quesadillas with Basil
Here is a super quick and easy Meatless Monday recipe perfect for the summer when tomatoes and basil are in season.Â I didn’t make any changes other than drizzling some balsamic vinegar on the basil salad.
Tim and I both enjoyed our “Caprese” quesadillas!Â And, I loved getting dinner on the table in 10 minutes and the very limited clean up work!
Tomato & Mozzarella Quesadillas with Basil
- 8Â 8-inch flour tortillas
- 12Â ouncesÂ grated or sliced mozzarella
- 2Â tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2Â teaspoonÂ plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2Â teaspoonÂ freshly ground black pepper
- 1Â bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- 1/4Â cupÂ pine nuts, toasted
- 4Â teaspoonsÂ extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat grill to medium. Arrange 4 of the tortillas on a cutting board. Arrange the mozzarella and tomatoes on the tortillas, leaving a 1-inch border empty. Season with Â½ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper and top with the remaining tortillas.
- In a medium bowl, combine the basil, pine nuts, oil, and the remaining salt; set aside.
- Cook the quesadillas around the perimeter of the grill until the cheese melts and the tortillas are crisp and golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Immediately cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the basil salad.