Meatless Monday: Fresh Vegetable Quesadillas with Corn Relish
I love using my grill pan to make quesadillas. I usually just lightly brush the pan with olive oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray so the quesadillas are much healthier than frying them in some oil.
Use summer squash and zucchini for some additional color. For the relish, I used frozen corn and added some feta cheese. So simple but delicious!
Fresh Vegetable Quesadillas with Corn Relish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grates
- 4 ears corn (husks and silks removed), or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 bunch scallions, half of bunch thinly sliced, other half cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 yellow squash, halved crosswise and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 orange bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced