Artichoke, Cherry Tomato, and Feta Salad with Artichoke-Pesto Crostini
The salad and crostinis were a great combo of flavors!
I used heirloom cherry tomatoes which provided some great color to the salad. The pesto was tasty and everyone seemed to enjoy the little crostinis.
The recipe made about twice as much dressing as we needed but I saved the extra and I am sure it will be nice on any salad.
I definitely plan to make this again!
- 1 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 tablespoons (packed) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot (about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley plus additional for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 12 1/2-inch-thick diagonal baguette slices, toasted
- 3 5-ounce packages mixed baby greens
- 2 12-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 12-ounce container yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 ounces)
Place all ingredients in processor. Blend until finely chopped. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Whisk shallot, vinegar, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, mustard, and garlic in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each baguette slice. Sprinkle parsley over crostini. Mix baby greens, artichoke hearts, and cherry tomatoes in very large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat lightly. Sprinkle feta over.
Serve salad with crostini.