Charlotte’s Beans & Pasta
As I’ve mentioned before Charlotte is a good eater but seems to gravitate towards vegetarian options.Â She’ll eat fish and occasionally chicken.Â But she loves cheese, beans, hummus, avocado, tofu.
Here is a tasty pasta dish I made for Charlotte.Â It is packed with veggies and has some protein from the white beans.Â I also used a whole wheat penne to make the dish even healthier.
You can make this recipe for all the whole family — I had leftovers for lunch topped with grated parmesan.Â Yum!
Farmer’s Beans & Pasta
- Â Â Â 1/2 pound mini penne pasta
- Â Â Â 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Â Â Â 1/2 onion, thinly sliced crosswise into half-moons
- Â Â Â 1 cup diced carrots (about 2 small carrots)
- Â Â Â 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Â Â Â 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Â Â Â 1 teaspoon salt
- Â Â Â 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Â Â Â 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Â Â Â 1 cup diced zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- Â Â Â 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- Â Â Â 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain. Set aside.
In medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add sage, oregano, salt, pepper, and stock. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes. Add zucchini and tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the beans, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Toss with pasta, and serve.