Cinco de Mayo: Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas
These chipotle shrimp tostadas looked very tasty and relatively easy to throw together.
I made a few additions to the slaw. I used a bit more lime juice than the recipe called for. I also added a second tomato, some chopped avocado, and crumbled feta.
The chipotle chile powder gives the shrimp a great smokey heat.
Enjoy the crunch of the tortilla and slaw with the spicy shrimp. YUM!
Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas
Food & Wine
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 4 corn tortillas
- Kosher salt
- 24 large shelled and deveined shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving