Weeknight Veggies: Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower with Garlic and Chile
I love roasted vegetables!Â Here is a very easy roasted broccoli and cauliflower recipe perfect for a weeknight meal.Â The garlic and red pepper flakes give the veggies a little something extra.
Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower with Garlic and Chile
Adapted from Everyday Food, March 2010
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves (skin on)
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together broccoli, cauliflower olive oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
Roast until browned and tender, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Toss with the fresh lemon juice.