Holiday Side Dish: Corn Spoon Bread
My mom discovered this recipe in a Real Simple a few years ago and we’ve found it to be a great Thanksgiving side dish.Â The flavor accompanies the turkey very well.Â Plus it is a yummy leftover!
I recommend preparing the dish in advance but not baking it until just before you’re ready to eat.
Corn Spoon Bread
- 3Â cupsÂ whole milk
- 2Â cupsÂ fresh corn kernels or one 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4Â cupÂ finely ground cornmeal
- 2Â tablespoonsÂ unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1Â tablespoonÂ fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2Â teaspoonsÂ kosher salt
- 1/4Â teaspoonÂ black pepper
- 2Â largeÂ eggs, lightly beaten