Holiday Side Dish: Corn Spoon Bread
My mom discovered this recipe in a Real Simple a few years ago and we’ve found it to be a great Thanksgiving side dish. The flavor accompanies the turkey very well. Plus it is a yummy leftover!
I recommend preparing the dish in advance but not baking it until just before you’re ready to eat.
Corn Spoon Bread
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or one 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten