Pasta with Roasted Broccoli & Walnuts
I made this quick & easy but super flavorful pasta dish on Sunday night.
I bought a bag of broccoli florets which saved me from chopping.Â I also used farfalle because that’s what I had on hand. The only other modification I made was adding in some red pepper flakes at the end for a little kick!
Tim and I both gobbled this dish up!
Orecchiette with Roasted Broccoli & Walnuts
Real Simple, February 2009
- 12Â ouncesÂ orecchiette or some other short pasta (3 cups)
- 1Â bunch broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1/2Â cupÂ walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4Â cupÂ olive oil
- 2Â cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2Â tablespoonsÂ unsalted butter
- 1/4Â cupÂ grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
Heat oven to 400Â°Â F.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli, walnuts, oil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. (Add more water if the pasta seems dry.)
Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.