Crispy Breaded Shrimp with Garlicky Beans
I made this shrimp dish on Friday night. It was tasty, very quick, and easy!
My new favorite grocery store – the Westside Market on 14th Street and 7th Avenue – had shrimp that were already peeled and deveined so that was a great time saver.
I plan to make this dish again and will modify it in two ways:
1) I will use less rosemary. I love rosemary but I found the 2 tablespoons a bit too overpowering in the dish. If you don’t like rosemary or have another herb in your fridge or pantry, use it in place of the rosemary.
2) I found the arugula I used to be quite bitter. Next time I will either use baby arugula or baby spinach. I think both would pair well with the beans.
Overall, great weeknight dish — very quick and flavorful!
Crispy Breaded Shrimp With Garlicky Beans
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- kosher salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed
Heat oven to 400° F.
Mix the breadcrumbs, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Transfer shrimp and any excess crumbs to a baking sheet. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and the breadcrumbs are crispy, 10 to 12 minutes.
Heat the remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the beans, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add the arugula, and toss to combine.
Divide the beans among individual plates and serve with the shrimp. Sprinkle any extra breadcrumbs from the pan over the top.