Christmas Cookies: Chocolate Crinkles
Here is a delicious chocolaty cookie for the holidays!Â They are so chewy and rich!Â I had splurged and bought some Scharffen Berger Cocoa Powder which gave these cookies an amazing flavor.
Next time I might try rolling half in regular sugar and the other half in confectioners sugar.
- 1 1/4Â cupsÂ all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4Â cupÂ unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch process)
- 1 1/2Â teaspoonsÂ baking powder
- 1/4Â teaspoonÂ salt
- 1/2Â cupÂ (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1Â cupÂ light brown sugar
- 2Â large eggs
- 1/4Â cupÂ confectionersâ€™ sugar
Heat oven to 350Â° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
With an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
Form the dough into balls (each equal to 1 level tablespoon). Roll the balls in the confectionersâ€™ sugar and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
Bake until the cookies are firm and the tops crack, 13 to 15 minutes.Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 36 cookies.