Easiest Beef Stew Ever!
It has been a while since I posted. I have been cooking but between work, some illness making its way through our family, and taking a much needed vacation, there really hasn’t been much time to devote to my blog. Hopefully that will change soon!
I made this super easy beef stew a few weeks ago — you basically just throw all the ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil and then put in the oven. I was a bit skeptical of the recipe because it does not call for you to brown the beef as most stew recipes do. But the stew was very flavorful, the beef tender, and the veggies perfectly cooked.
Make sure to have some crusty bread for dipping.
Best Beef Stew
- 3 pounds beef chuck, trimmed of visible fat and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound medium onions (about 2), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound small white or red new potatoes (about 6), well scrubbed, halved if large
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 bay leaves