Bridal Shower Recipes: Ranch Dip with Vegetables
As people were arriving at the shower, we served a simple veggie platter with this ranch dip.
The dip was easy to make and worked well with low-fat sour cream and mayo. To reduce the amount of slicing and chopping we needed to do, we served with snow peas, cherry tomatoes, and baby carrots.
Everyone seemed to enjoy the dip and I was impressed with how much flavor the garlic, chives and parsley imparted to this sour cream and mayo-based dip.
Ranch Dip with Vegetables
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 carrots, cut into sticks
- 6 celery ribs, cut into sticks
- 1 seedless cucumber (usually plastic-wrapped), cut into sticks
- 1 small jicama, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into sticks
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes (9 ounces)
Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl until combined well.
Chill dip, covered, until slightly thickened, at least 1 hour (for flavors to develop). Serve dip with vegetables.